Paint the wall or use wallpaper? Which is which? Don’t be confused; here’s a list of their benefits to help you decide:
Advantages of Wallpaper
- Wallpaper can be applied to most surfaces like concrete, mud bricks, brick surfaces, prefabricated panels, plaster, and painted surfaces.
- Applying and working with wallpaper is easy enough because it doesn’t need special skills or special materials.
- It is easy to maintain. There are wallpapers can be easily cleaned using a damp cloth and there are those that can be cleaned with water and detergents. Since some detergents are strong, it is recommended to use water and ammonia in cleaning wallpapers. Simply mix a quart of water with a teaspoon of liquid or powdered ammonia.
- Good quality wallpaper can last for a long time with the right care. In fact, it can endure for 15 to 20 years, without major changes in its appearance and colour.
- And if you decide to remove the wallpaper or replace it with another design or paint your walls, it can be easily done.
- They are low-cost but look attractive.
Advantages of Repainting In Victoria BC
- The surface to be painted is much easier to prepare, particularly if a non-reflective paint is used, which is ideal for hiding any flaws, while wallpaper has the tendency to make flaws look worse, so adequate preparation is the factor.
- As mentioned above, paint can help in hiding or concealing flaws found on the surface, though this will also depend on of the kind of sheen you will use. It is important to take note that paint with less sheen can easily hide flaws in surfaces. However, your will have to work much if you are going to use high-gloss and semigloss paints.
- Generally, it is still much cheaper to use paint instead of wallpaper. Paint also tends to use less supply. With that in mind, both paint and wallpaper have many options when it comes to costing, so it is still probable to spend a lot on paint if you choose to use the high-quality ones, which will require you to hire a professional painter to do it, thus letting you spend more.
- Aside from oil-based products, paint is much easier to apply once the surface is prepared. You just simply dip the brush or roller in the container and smear it on the surface. Just remember to apply thin coats of paint to make sure they won’t run.
- There are a lot of paint combinations you can choose from. Apart from what the store can offer, you can also combine various paint colours to create more variations. Evidently, you cannot combine wallpapers.